I wrote about these really cool dry-erase quote magnets over on the photojojo blog, but I haven’t been able to find somewhere to buy them online in the US. So I decided to make some of my own – they are super easy and super fun!
- Download one of the template files I made below (you may need to right-clicking the link to save the file)
- Print template on regular white paper
- Stick the back of the printed paper on an adhesive magnet sheet (buy at office supply store or online here)
- Cover design with a peel-and-stick laminating sheet. I used SelfSeal Repositionable laminate pouches. Remove the non-adhesive plastic (use it for something else). Take the adhesive laminate sheet, peel off the backing and stick to the printed design already on your magnet sheet. Tip: I cut out just enough of the laminate to cover the design; this minimizes waste of the laminate.
- Cut out the magnet with very sharp scissors.
- Stick it up and write away!
Magnet quotes with text -magnetquotes_text.pdf
Magnet quotes without text – magnetquotes.pdf
Note: I first tried this using ink-jet printable magnet sheets. These are just not strong enough to hold up photos.
Other ideas to try…
Create your own text bubbles by overlaying text on the template.
Use photos with a lot of white space to make magnetic dry erase boards. Just print the picture in the size you want and stick on the magnetic sheet. Then cover with a large enough piece of peel-and-stick laminate.
6 Comments »
No comments yet.